Wednesday, January 21, 2009

welcome to my blog, i dont yet know its personality, so for now it will chronicle tales of me plus food things.  Since I've just moved back to NYC, this spring is a new start for me as well as the country, so no better time to get writing.  Most excitingly, I've finished looking for a new and awesome job, successfully!  Keith Mcnally hired me for the opening crew of his Minetta Tavern rebirth project, we hope to start early/mid February.  More details coming very soon...
I cannot stop listening to this mixtape Paul Nahm shot over to me from legendary UK dj Greg Wilson, its the jammyjam.
So my friends from Brooklyn, the dopefunk supperclub, A Razor, A Shiny Knife, are moving their operation westward to Chicago for the 2nd installment of their recreation "Keller-Achatz Booktour $1500/person trio of meals" dinner -- The link to the Timeout article about their NYC dinner in december is at the bottom of the page - They are recreating the culinary insanity for a mere 300 bucks, and while you many not get the reserve VC 1970 champagne for the canape course, the enormity of their success will wet your palette.  
Check out Chef Akiko Moorman, one of the chefs with ARASK, who has just posted the menu from her mulitcultural Happa-inspired Obama dinner this weekend in DC.  She cooked with Cathy Erway of the legendary 'Not Eating Out in New York' project and a few other sexy chef friends from the ARASK crew.  

No comments: